Wednesday, October 7, 2015

All of My Life I Have Attended Scottsville Baptist

(Note:  A version of this testimony was shared by Pat Pitts at the 175th Anniversary program.)

All of my life I have attended Scottsville Baptist Church.  Church and Scottsville Baptist are synonymous with me.  On Easter Sunday, 1955, along with two friends, one of whom is here today, I walked down the aisle to be received by Pastor John Elliott and officially joined the church and gave my life to Christ.

Pat singing in the children's choir (Pat is in the second row on the far right)

One Sunday morning many years ago we had a confrontational episode in Sunday School.  It was haunting and worrying me greatly until the worship service as I waited in the back to help take up the offering I literally felt God's presence say to me "Don't worry, it's all going to be alright."  Truly a burden was lifted from me...

Pat (in yellow) and his VBS class (2015)

I have seen God at work through our former pastors and I now see and feel God's presence in our pastor and the wonderful things that are happening in our Scottsville Baptist Church.  I feel certain we can have another 175 years of successful and meaningful ministry in our wonderful, little town. 

Pat and his wife Baxter enjoy the choir party.

No comments:

Post a Comment