Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Prom 2013

Because the lovely ladies of Fidelis Class dined at my home on Sunday evening, I was privy to their conversations about the upcoming Senior Center Prom.  I knew about the prom since one of our deacons coordinated the door prizes, but this was an opportunity to ask questions about dates, dancing partners, and dresses.  FUN.  

I arrived at the prom a little after 11:00 this morning with the intention of staying thirty minutes.  Two-and-a-half hours later I finally moseyed out of the gym.  I couldn't leave!  So. much. fun.  There were suits, sequins, hats, and dance moves as far as the eye could see.

Oldies were spun until the DJ transitioned to standard wedding fare. PS:  You haven't lived until you've rocked the Cupid Shuffle with senior citizens. 

"What did he (Cupid Shuffle singer) say to do, Katie?"  

In singsong:  "Clap, clap, clap, clap your hands!"  So she did.  GLORY!  

Scottsville Baptist was there in full force.  Our folks were dressed to the nines and cut several rugs.  We talked and laughed and danced in our seats.  We motioned Y-M-C-A while enjoying Henry's famous mac and cheese.  What a great day.  Some days--like this one--the call to ministry is full of joy.  I'm grateful.

And finally:  What prom is complete without a professional photo?

Prom 2013:  Scottsville Baptist!

No comments:

Post a Comment