Monday, October 9, 2017

Welcome home, Pastor!

On Saturday I returned from a most refreshing vacation.  This translates to joy (!) and an eagerness to work from rest.  I practically skipped to the parsonage from my car, and here's what was waiting for me on the back porch:

Thanks Doulos Class!
Coffee and seltzer!  I'll enjoy the beverages, but their remembering my favorite drinks is what means the most.  Thanks Doulos Class.

The next morning I found this bag of treats waiting for me in the office:  


And then I went to the Koinonia Class Sunday School room to prepare the coffee and LOL'd (actual):

The gentlemen won this round.  It is possible we are a little competitive. 
While I was away they played Bible Jeopardy and Alexa Trebek and her team were super creative.  A Mason Jar trophy was crafted for the victors while the 'almost winners' were given Dum Dums.  

I love this church.  

Our church isn't perfect BUT I'm a big believer in celebrating the good. Two of this week's "the good":  Intentional kindness to your pastor and FUN! 

Church:  Do you know what a gift your kindness and fun are to me? Thank you.  My vacation was successful in no small part because of who you are.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment