Thursday, February 7, 2013

I Love to Laugh. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

As a girl my favorite scene from Mary Poppins was Bert, Mary and the kids' carousel ride.  They hop on the ride when all the sudden the horses detach from the carousel and they gallop to the races!  Little Katie's (the girl, not the calf who bears my name) imagination ran wild. Could this happen in real life?  Sadly it hasn't worked...yet!  Maybe one day; however other brave souls will need to find out for me.  I am prone to motion sickness so a carousel ride is a serious risk.  I know, I know:  I'm awesome.

As an adult however, the shenanigans at Uncle Albert's house are my favorite!  I love to laugh!  Ha!  Ha!  Ha!  Ha!  Loud and long and clear!  Bert and Uncle Albert get to talking, then to laughing and all of the sudden they rise to the ceiling.  The Banks children can't help but join them.  Even the table and chairs make their way up.  They continue to float so long as the jokes keep rolling.  I would love to be on that ceiling.  I dearly love to laugh.

When I interviewed with Scottsville Baptist we spent a lot of time laughing.  When I left for Arlington later that day I remember thinking "That didn't even feel like an interview.  I had such a good time!"  I was me and they were them.  What a gift...but would they call me back?  I had a great time but I did a lot of being myself and laughing.  (And I happen to be one of those people who can't stop laughing once I start.  One time 'booty' was read aloud at the 8:30 service at Memorial and I lost it.  'Booty' was removed from the 11:00 service.)

To my happy surprise the pastor search committee did call.  And soon thereafter the church called and most importantly...God called.  I will always remember that interview.  Recently I spent some time with the committee and told them how much that day meant to me.  I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment