Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What does a pastor look like?

What is a pastor?
What does a pastor do?
What does a pastor look like?

One Sunday our children's minister Sally asked the kiddos these questions.  They had a wide range of answers and thoughts to share.  I enjoyed listening to their ideas.  At the end of the lesson the children followed Sally out of the sanctuary for children's worship.

Sally later told me she revisited some of the questions during discussion time.  "What does a pastor look like?"

"He wears a suit and a tie."  Great observation!  That's what our senior pastor wears every Sunday.  And then another little one raised her hand.

"Yes?" Sally asked her.

"She has big hair and wears big necklaces and high heels."  I fell out when Sally told me.  We laughed and laughed and laughed.  We still laugh.

And I still have gargantuan hair, enjoy the pop of a big necklace and wear high heels.



No comments:

Post a Comment