Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Snapshots of Covenant

I'm having a difficult time writing about the Installation Service. Words are funny, are they not?  Sometimes they rip out of me like the Tasmanian devil. Other times words are as slow moving as a turtle. Perhaps the day is difficult to capture because it meant so very much to me.  

Here's the-Installation-in-a-somewhat-large-nutshell:  I am blessed to be pastor of Scottsville Baptist Church.  I'm grateful for all the ways they bent over backwards to make Sunday special.  I cherish the words of covenant we spoke to one another.  I'm excited about the future.

Here are some pictures to do the talking for me:


Dorothy Somerville, Co-Chair of the Pastor Search Committee, gives a touching welcome.  I mean...people needed tissues (people = me).

Judy Smith reads beautifully from Isaiah.

Albevanna Clergy Group sings "The Summons."  I meet with these fellow travelers every Wednesday for prayer, singing and Bible Study.


The congregation sings "I Love to Tell the Story." Thank you for leading in worship, Richard Buerkle!


Pam Chisholm prays like she knows God real well.  Stand on your head if you're surprised.


Bill Smith being Bill Smith (that is, being awesome).


Speaking words of covenant.


Seeing your name in icing never gets old.

There are more pictures to treasure.  I'll share soon.  Feeling grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your installation! I keep a short list of folks that I'd be glad to call my pastor if I wasn't a pastor. You are on that list.

    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor, Thank you for the encouragement. Your words are a high compliment, indeed. Thank you. Blessings on you and your family.

      Delete