Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sea of Galilee

I am praying for Scottsville Baptist Church as I type.  I am grateful for Rev. Ed Goodwin, pastor and person extraordinaire, who was willing to preach in my absence.  Ed has been a great encouragement and support to me.  I am eager to hear about worship and the youth mission trip. There are many great things happening at Scottsville Baptist!


The morning began on the Sea of Galilee.  It is more beautiful than I imagined.  As we sailed I could see Jesus preaching The Sermon on the Mount.  I could see him healing persons possessed with demons.  I could see him ministering to the least of these.  I could see him healing Simon Peter's mother-in-law and the man who was paralyzed.  I could see the love in his eyes and hands.

I see Jesus anew I think.  Perhaps that sounds trite, but it's true.  

The Sea of Galilee
Once we arrived on the other side of the sea, we had an opportunity to walk to the shore.  As a tactile learner I got my gazelle on and practically sprinted to the sea.  I was thrilled to put my feet in the water.

EXCITEMENT!



Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment